Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Mid Week Check In

This week, although slow to start, has sped up with vengeance. Martin Luther King Jr. Day was on Monday, so no classes, but I did use the time to do homework and read. Having recently been to the library, I am proud to say that in the last four days I have finished five books! It was a slow weekend, including the much anticipated watching of Much Ado About Nothing, produced by Kenneth Branagh, one of the most amazing Shakespeare actors and movie producers I have ever seen.

After reading the play, my dad and I were eager to watch the film adaptation and think about the choices they made. I loved everything about it! The movie was shot in the beautiful hills of Tuscany, where the play is set, and the production is joyous and full of sunshine. The music in the movie was especially good, and I think it really set the tune for the rest of the play. Branagh and Emma Thompson played Beatrice and Benedick, and they were fantastic in their mutual hatred of each other in the beginning and their love in the end. This is now one of my favorite movies, and I know that I will watch it again and again.

In my classes, I have gotten back my math test, learned about triangles in Geometry, along with more proof writing for homework. In German, we continued to watch a documentary about the Berlin wall and learned lots of new vocabulary like foods and drinks. Today we had a reading for pronunciation quiz, and on Friday we are having an oral test in the Language Lab.

I am also looking into a new opportunity regarding the Historical Society in our town. They are looking for volunteers to look into collections and artifacts, find interesting stories, and write about them for a blog and/or newsletter. I am scheduled to meet with someone on Friday, and if this works out it could be a great thing to do for my history, which has bee sadly neglected in the past few weeks.

Today I posted a new writing piece for Write on Wednesdays, and my photography project is going wonderfully. Today and tomorrow I babysit after school, and then on Friday it is time to go to the kindergarten class to help out and play indoor soccer.

Well, that's it for now,
Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment