Sunday, January 8, 2012

Weekend Plans

The weekend so far has been fairly normal, and I am using today as a homework day to complete my assignments and organize my week next week. Yesterday was the open house for the high school I am applying for, so I went to the English department to learn more about the English curriculum next year. It was very interesting, and I am glad that I went.

In the afternoon, we watched the 2011 movie adaptation of Jane Eyre, which was wonderful. I have read the book many times, and was eager to find how this movie handled the characters and plot. It was a good version, and my favorite character of the adaptation was the housekeeper Mrs. Fairfax, played by Judi Dench. She portrayed Mrs. Fairfax almost exactly as I imagined while reading. The plot was good, and the scenery was as breathtaking as the writing of Charlotte Bronte.

Today is the day for Shakespeare writing assignments, geometry homework, and German vocabulary and grammar. I will probably clean my room, and think about my week next week.

Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment