Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pottery!

Today I received a wonderful surprise waiting outside my door when I got home from my German class! In the beginning of September, I spent a week studying pottery with my great aunt, who is a potter. Today, she sent me the rest of the pieces which she had fired after I left.

Some of my favorites include a box made of slabs with a heart theme, and a small bowl with the Swedish colors made using a press mold. Hopefully there will be more pictures coming soon, as well as a more complete description of my trip.

Opening the box was the best part. I was giggling and ripping open the package like it was Christmas in October! I focused more on the decorating aspect, and had a lot of fun experimenting with different clay and jewelry.

Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment