Thursday, October 27, 2011

Thursday: Veggies, Veggies, Rain

Today was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. At least according to the weather. Fortunately, I did not listen. This morning I went running in freezing rain with a temperature in the forties. It was brutal, but at least it woke me up. After showering and attempting to bring my body heat back up, I began my work for the day. I organized my pottery and cleaned up a little bit.

Next, I had a wonderful idea, if I do say so myself. I needed something to listen to while doing my math homework and drawing a little bit, so I turned on my CD of A Midsummer Night's Dream, by William Shakespeare. I love that play, and listening to it was wonderful. I know it well enough that it was not a distraction, but at the same time I could soak up the poetry while doing math homework. It was such fun!

Midmorning, the mail came, along with a package from Amazon with some books I had ordered. It was a great surprise, and I spent most of the rest of the day reading them. The books were:

Veggies Rock! which is a complete guide to teenage vegetarianism (I am a semi new recruit and it was a good idea to get this book as far as nutrition goes)

The Annapolis Book of Seamanship...I love to sail, and was very interested in learning more about it during my off season. I also hope to learn more of the science and navigation of sailing.

Animal Behavior, because I am an animal lover, and thought it was a great idea to include animals in my science learnings this year...

Anyway, I spent an hour or more reading the Veggie book, because I was hooked from the moment I began. I will have another post with more detail, but I will just say here that book is inspirational and exactly what I need as a new and eager Vegetarian (well, since July).

No comments:

Post a Comment