Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Wednesday: Surprises and Rain

Today was a very interesting day, and I had more than one surprise today. It is freezing and rainy, but I still went up to the school this morning for my math class and German class. In German today, we learned new vocabulary, and watched a short video on a Swiss rock climber. Then, my German teacher gave us a suggestion which I think is a wonderful idea. She suggested listening to a German radio station called Bayern 3, because it would be good for our vocabulary and they played good German and international music. When I returned home, I found it on the web and am listening to it right now. She was right. Listening to real people speak the language fluently is very good for my language skills. I love listening to their voices, their accent. It doesn't really matter that I don't catch everything they are saying.

Today I also received a package of pottery from my great aunt in North Carolina. I had made it when visiting in September, and I was so happy to get the finished works. Hopefully in the next couple days I can expand on a report I am writing of that week, and maybe post some of it on this blog.

 Later today, despite the wind and rain, I think I will go to the Varsity girls soccer team because they have a home game. I am their ball girl, so I get some exercise as well as watching them play, which is wonderful.

Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment